Saturday, March 16, 2013

Jersey Girl (even tho I try to talk normal)


The hair wasn't big yet but can you find me?

One of my Jersey friends sent this to me a few years ago and it is always fun to revisit. I've added a few comments of my own in red but this is for all you Jersey girls who read this and those of you who are jealous 'cause you aren't.




YOU CAN TAKE THE GIRL OUTTA JERSEY BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE JERSEY OUTTA THE GIRL!



I have big hair (but thinner and maybe LOTS thinner soon) and oversized sunglasses (for sure) but no diamonds and the frame guy encouraged me to get.

I spend my weekends at the mall in Ned???,
My summers down the shore what shore,
And late nights in a diner with a plate of cheese cake.

I know which exits are which and that there are no decent beaches north of 100.

I have Sinatra on my I-pod and
I think Springstein still looks hot.
I spent prom weekend in Seaside and many a summer on LBI.
I know the mob isn't just on the Sopranos.
I definitely don't pump my own gas.
I think if you talk bad about our state you should get the hell off our beaches again what beaches.
I know better then to drive through Camden, and that there are nice areas of Elizabeth.
I know what good pizza is and what good bagels taste like and so miss them.
I eat Boardwalk fries, Jersey tomatoes, and taylor ham on a hard roll. (yum, double yum if it is a good hard roll!)
I've been on every coaster at 6 Flags (what’s Six Flags? Yea, I’m old).
I speak my mind and don't care what people think. I'll try anything once, twice if I like it.
I know how to have a good time.

I know that sometimes a kiss is just a kiss, But sometimes it's so much more.
When I fall, I fall hard, But I can bounce back just as quick.

I drive too fast (in my Prius, that means the speed limit), I drink too much not.
I play my stereo too loud Don't we call them IPods now?,
I love to feel the wind in my hair and the sand between my toes..

I know there's no place on Earth quite like Jersey. And that no matter where life takes me,
This will always be home.



A good news addendum to yesterday's post is that Dick's PT scan showed no activity - no cancer (altho it wasn't accurate in my case). He will be having a spinal fusion to relieve all the pain he is in.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!

    No matter where we live, we're still Jersey Girls at heart...and that ain't so bad!

    Oh, how I miss the Jersey tomatoes, blueberries, fries & gravy, Italian hot dogs, sausage & peppers, hard rolls, bagels, pizza, etc...as you can guess I have a lot of good food memories!

    Stay Strong and Carry On!
    M A

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think about my blogs.