Friday, August 24, 2012

The Artist

I am back and will try to be more consistent. It was a tough time through June. The chemo side effects got much worse AFTER I finished treatment. I was frustrated, angry and depressed because I was so ready to feel better - hence no blogging. By early July I started to feel better and went off to Taos for my painting workshop. Having the energy for full days of painting wasn't easy but I found it and I am posting some of the work I produced during the workshop.

I am now getting ready to participate in the Boulder Open Studios in October - more to do than I thought there would be when I submitted my entries. Matting, framing, covering work, how will I display things, gotta make room, send out announcements, etc. phew. There are five very talented artists in my "neighborhood" who are participating this year and we are hoping to drum up a lot of traffic and an increase in revenues wouldn't be a bad idea.

I spent Wednesday cutting up paintings. There are many pieces that just didn't work (no, they aren't all masterpieces) but had little spots that were appealing so I cut and matted these so I will be able to offer some art for less money - hope it works as they can be really charming.

So that is what I have been doing art wise and here are a few of my new pieces.






2 comments:

  1. how exciting to see you painting again. such a glorious bunch you've shown us. are these on canvas? I have no qualms about cutting my papers to bits, but I doubt I could hack apart a canvas even though I've never painted a canvas I like.
    maybe I need to rethink that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am painting on 300 lb. WC paper right now but I have bought some canvas but haven't used them yet, Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think about my blogs.